The Seventh-Day Adventist Schools are operated and managed by the South East India Union of Seventh-Day Adventists, (Dept. of Education), 197, G.S.T. Road, Vandalur, Chennai -48.
The Seventh-Day Adventists are Protestant Christians who, as the name indicates, believe in the imminent Second Advent of Jesus Christ and keep the Seventh Day of the week as the Sabbath.
They believe that Christians delight to obey the ten commandments of God, including the fourth commandment about the observance of the “Seventh Day” of the week as the holy Sabbath.
They also believe that the human body is the temple of God, and therefore it is the responsibilities of every individual to take care of his or her body in the best of health eschewing harmful substances such as alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea and harmful drugs.
They endeavour to teach by precept and example the principles of moral ethics, spiritual values and health habits based on the Christian Scriptures in all forms of service in which they are engaged. It is not compulsory for any one to comply to the above programme.
They teach and practice loyalty to one’s own country and uphold all government schemes which promote, preserve and protect basic human rights and freedom.
Pupils must be able to get on with their work as the result of good teaching. Coaching will be given for slow learners from 3.30 p.m. to 5.15 p.m. if requested by the parents.
PARENTS – TEACHER MEETING
The Parents – Teacher meeting will be conducted twice in a year. Parents should meet the Class Teacher of their children and collect the progress reports on the day.
SCHOOL BUS AVAILABLE
School Buses are available to bring the children from in and around Puducherry.
HISTORY & PURPOSE
The Seventh-Day Adventist Higher Secondary School, Marapalam, Puducherry is one of the 6,720 educational institutions operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church all over the world, catering to the needs of more than 1.2 million students.
It was started in the year 1956 with 20 students. The school has since grown into the Higher Secondary School with a mighty strength of more than 3,300 students at present.
It is the purpose of the Seventh-Day Adventist Higher Secondary School to help young people in developing HIGH STANDARDS which will provide a firm foundation for real character building.
Our education is based on the philosophy that “True Education is the harmonious development of the mental, physical and spiritual powers of men.” The School seeks to maintain high scholastic standard.
Lessons of integrity, dependability and perseverance are taught in order to accomplish this.
The School sets before its student definite principles and ideals. It is expected that all who present themselves for enrolment will respect and honour the religious principles upon which the school is founded.
Seventh Day Adventists are operating 6,720 Educational Institutions including 100 Universities and Colleges and 6,620 Schools all around the world.
Our science department consists of the three subject areas of Biology, Chemistry and Physics, each with its own separate suite of laboratories and specialist teachers
Our Commitment :
As a member of school family, we want you to know that you have the right to expect the following
- Your child will always be a welcome member of the school family, and will be treated in a secure, friendly and fair manner.
- Your child’s individual development will be our priority.
- We will maintain our total commitment to going the highest quality of academic instruction.
- Your child will have every encouragement and opportunity to maximize his or her potential in all areas – academic, spiritual, physical, cultural, social and personal.
- Through a carefully structured environment and positive reinforcement we will provide opportunities for your child develop self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Your child’s training decency and good manners will be further nurtured throught appropriate role models, specific teaching and correction.
- We will communicate with you frequently, and in an honest and open fashion.